The international workshop on underground oil/gas storage will be held on August 18-20, 2019 at Northeastern University in Shenyang, China. It has been approved as an ISRM Specialized Conference. The purpose of this workshop is to promote the state-of-the-art theories and technologies on the design, construction and operation of underground oil/gas storage facilities. This workshop is sponsored by ISRM and Chinese Society for Rock Mechanics and Engineering (CSRME), and is organized by ISRM Commission on Design Methodology, Northeastern University and CSRME Rock Engineering Design Methodology Sub-society.
The workshop will show the diversity of experiences by inviting experts from China, Japan, Korea, Norway, Singapore, Sweden and other countries. The outcome of the workshop will contribute the development of theories and technologies related to underground storage in the field of rock mechanics and rock engineering.
(1) Rock mass characterization and geological mapping;
(2) Fluid flow and coupling effects in rock mass;
(3) Deformation and strength of rock mass;
(4) Design methodology for underground storage facilities;
(5) Stability and containment of underground storage faculties;
(6) Construction and operation technologies;
(7) Laboratory testing and field monitoring technologies;
(8) Case studies and numerical methods.
Announcement Download: 2nd announcement.pdf